Saint Nicholas on the Mole
This church located in Solomos square is the only building in Venetian style that survived the earthquake in 1953 and has been restored keeping its original characteristics.
Originally the church had been built on an island connected to the mainland by a bridge, then the island joined the city.
For many centuries the church belonged to the Sailors Corporation.
Dated back to the 17th Century it is the most ancient building in Solomos square and it was built in renaissance style with the exception of the bell tower that is more Byzantine.
Inside there are the liturgical ornaments of Saint Dionysios, the island protector, that for a period in his life gave his services to this church.